Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Top Ten Tuesdays! Top Ten Reasons I love Being a Reader/Book Blogger
I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday. Today's list is Top Ten Reasons I love being a Reader/Book Blogger.
1. I love being a book blogger because - of being able to talk to other people who read like I do! I'm in a book club and it's always fun to talk about books but I don't come across many people in real life who always have a book or who set goals and projects related to books. It's fun to connect with people who do! Years ago I had a real life friend (aka Lisa @ Books, Lists, Life) who did read like me but then she had the audacity to move away (something about love and going to live with her husband, blah blah blah) and I've missed that ever since.
2. I love being a book blogger because of - the Accountability. I'm pretty type A and there's nothing I love more than lists, spreadsheets and goals. Blogging allows me to keep track of those goals and holds me accountable because it's out there. There's no wiggle room, there's no reinterpreting. I've also come across some really fun challenges to give me a little more focus.
3. I love being a book blogger because of - the variety of books it introduces me too. I've read more different genres in the 2 months of this year than I did in all of 2013 combined. Between recommendations from other bloggers, e-ARCs that intrigue me and just trying to have a little variety in my reviews I've had lots more variety than I normally have and have been having a lot of fun with it.
4. I love being a book blogger because - it makes me think about the book I've just read. Instead of just finishing a book and thinking oh I liked it or oh I didn't like it blogging makes me think of the Why.
5. I love being a book blogger because - I feel like I'm a little tiny part of the community that I love so much. I've gotten emails from a few authors and publishers and I've completely fangirl-ed. Not my most dignified moment but so exciting.
6. I love being a reader because - I've never been bored. How can you be bored when you have hundreds of books to read. I've always had a book in my purse though now it's switched to the Kindle. I never mind reading because it gives me a chance to read!
7. I love being a reader because - I know all kinds of random bits of knowledge. There's always something to learn no matter what genre you're reading.
8. I love being a reader because - It's a great escape. No matter what's going on around me I can pick up a book and be in 1920's England, or a professional chef's kitchen, or any other place I choose.
9. I love being a reader because - It's given me something to pass on to my kids. Emma reads at a crazy rate and it's so fun to share something. I love that the Tornado likes to take a book with him in the car so he can look at pictures of trucks or Star Wars or whatever book he's grabbed.
10. I love being a reader because - I don't know any other way to be. I can't imagine not having a book going. I can't think of a time that I haven't had that except maybe during finals in college. It's just not something I can wrap my mind around!