Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fire Engine Dead by Sheila Connolly - Review


Fire Engine Dead by Sheila Connolly

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  In an ironic twist the storage building containing the Fire Museum's collection burn.  Included in the collection was an antique fire engine donated by the grandfather of one of the biggest donors to the Philadelphia Antiquarian Society.  When the donor demands Nell look into the what happened to the fire engine Nell can't really say no.  It quickly becomes apparent that things aren't quite as they seem.

Genre: Mystery

My Impression:  I always enjoy Connolly's writing and her museum series is no different.  I get a little extra fun out of this series because I worked at a museum for 7 years and the discussions of staffing, funding and collection worries is very familiar.  The mystery is the central issue of the book but there is some space given to Nell's dealing with her staff and new hires and her developing (slowly) relationship with FBI agent James.  The mystery came to a satisfactory conclusion though it did feel a little rushed.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  Yes, the author and series are some of my favorites

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment