Sunday, December 29, 2013

Deadly Ambitions - Review


Deadly Ambition by Laura Bradford

Rating: 3 Stars

Description:  After a hurricane devastates reporter Elise Burn's hometown, Ocean Point on the Jersey Shore, she has done her best to encourage small business owners to reopen.  This hits a snag when a string of burglaries hits a number of businesses right before they reopen. When robbery turns to murder and Elise's obnoxious intern Ryan is found at the scene Elise suddenly has her hands full.

Genre: Mystery

My Impression:  This is the first book I've read by Bradford and while it was obvious that there were books before this one they were not necessary to understand the plot of this entry.  I loved Elise.  Her doubts about being up to the task felt realistic but at the same time she was smart and very logical.  I liked that Mitch was willing to listen and didn't treat her like an idiot.  The mystery itself wrapped up nicely and while I had a few guesses about what the ending would be it wasn't extremely obvious.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes definitely

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment