Thursday, August 27, 2026

Recipe Thursday - 1 Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls


One of my goals for 2026 is to sort through all the recipes I have laying around tucked into folders and notebooks as well as my gigantic Pinterest/food blog collection that hasn't been touched in years.  I've been having quite a good time with it.  I enjoy cooking but it can become a chore pretty easily and this has made it a lot more fun for me as I feel like I'm working on a project.   Around here we've taken to calling it Recipe Thunderdome as all recipes have to be auditioned before earning their place in the final recipe binder. 

*For context I'm a reasonably capable home cook but one who is often trying to multitask and who is pretty much completely self-taught. *

Today I'm Sharing:  1 Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls from Creme de la Crumb

Changes:  None.  I followed ingredients and directions and as exactly as I could.

Thoughts on Recipe Difficulty:  It was really easy.  It was a bit different from any rolls I've made before but I figured I'd try it.  Definitely quicker than other rolls I've made before.

Cook Time: About an hour though most of that time was either the rising or baking.  There was a few minutes of kneading but other than that it didn't take much messing with.

Served With:  Marinated chicken, roasted potatoes and zucchini.

Results: So good!  These also held up really well the next day which rolls don't always do.

Verdict: Survived - These might end up being my go-to dinner rolls.

5 comments:

  1. I've always made my mom's dinner rolls recipe, but I'm intrigued by the idea of using buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good dinner roll and these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out the link you gave and I think I'd like to try these. They look delicious. Usually I make bagettes but haven;t been doing that recently.

    ReplyDelete