Thursday, November 25, 2021

Nonfiction Books I Want to Read


I've been so enjoying everyone's Nonfiction November posts though they have been brutal on the TBR that I was trying to shrink.  I ended up reading more nonfiction then I really expected to this year but not nearly as much as I had wanted.  Here are 10 nonfiction books that I'd like to read soon.


1.  Epic Drives of the World: Explore the Planet's Most Thrilling Road Trips by Lonely Planet - We aren't traveling anytime soon so I'd love to flip through this to virtually travel.  I actually prefer road trips over flying.  Partly because I can't pack light enough to not get charged a fortune and partly because I like the control of it so this seems like a perfect book for me.

2.  Feline Philosophy: Cats and the Meaning of Lives by John Gray - This one just sounds like a fun book to flip through!

3.  The Falcon Thief: A True Tale of Adventure, Treachery, and the Hunt for the Perfect Bird by Joshua Hammer - I know just a teensy bit about falconry and this sounds fascinating.  

4.  Butch Cassidy: The True Story of an American Outlaw by Charles Leerhsen - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of my all time favorite movies and I've done a little bit of reading on the man himself but that was years ago and this sounds interesting.  

5.  Birder on Berry Lane: Three Acres, Twelve Months, Thousands of Birds by Robert Tougias - Birdwatching is one of those hobbies I find intriguing  and this book looks interesting.


6.  Code Name: Lise: The True Story of World War II's Most Highly Decorated Spy by Larry Loftis - I read another book by this author earlier this year and found it absolutely fascinating so I want to give this a try.

7.  A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II by Sonia Purnell - Another one that looks fascinating and I love reading about the lives of women during World War II.

8.  The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont by Shawn Levy - I know nothing about this book but I couldn't resist this title.

9.  The Plaza: The Secret Life of America's Most Famous Hotel by Julie Satow - This one caught my eye after reading A Gentleman in Moscow.  

10. Slow: Simple Living for a Frantic World by Brooke McAlary - I'm not a minimalist or particularly into simple living but the idea of taking a breath and finding more peace sounds wonderful.

What nonfiction books are on your TBR.

8 comments:

  1. I want to read Epic Drives of the World and some of the other books in the "Epic" series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonfiction November is always brutal on my TBR. I think I'll have to do a year-long Nonfiction November to catch up with all the nonfiction on my shelf. I hope you enjoy all these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birder book and the book about The Plaza are going on my Goodreads shelves. Thanks for the heads up! 📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing varied list. Code Name Lise would be my pick. So many courageous women who contributed to the war.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added 18 nonfiction books to my TBR just in the past 2 days! Epic Drives makes #19. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelleyrae at Book'd Out is hosting a nonfiction challenge for next year if you want to join in. I haven;t signed up yet but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually read non-fiction but you do have some good ones on your list.

    ReplyDelete