Friday, July 30, 2021

Friday Fives - Five Series I'm Thinking Of Catching Up On Next


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  We are a little more then halfway through the year and this is the year I decided to focus on series.  It's actually going better then expected and I am more then halfway to my goal and catching up fast.  I've got several series that are just a book or two away from completion and here are series I'm planning on rolling in.


1. Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James series by Deborah Crombie - I probably started reading this series 25 years ago and for that reason alone I should stay caught up on it!  I'd really like to go back to the beginning and reread but until then I want to at least read the books I've missed!


2.  Josie Prescott Antiques series by Jane K. Cleland - I really have enjoyed the later books in this series but haven't read many of the early books.  


3.  Sloan Krause series by Ellie Alexander - I'm not really much of a drinker - especially not beer (I do like the occasional cocktail at dinner but that's about it) but this series about Micro-brewer Sloan Krause by one of my very favorite cozy mystery authors is on my must try list.


4.  Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen - I have read the first few books and the last few books in this quirky series set in the 1930s but somehow I missed the middle few!  I own them but somehow I just haven't read them.


5.  Family History Mysteries by Brynn Bonner - I somehow ended up with the 4th book in the series and let it sit on my shelf for years.  When I finally picked it up I ended up enjoying the book so much that I immediately ordered the previous 3 books and I can't wait to read them!

What series do you have on your TBR?


10 comments:

  1. These look great, Rhys Bowen is one of those authors that I always wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal Spyness is on my list. Well, I haven't started it yet, but I want to! I love historical mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rhys Bowen and Ellie Alexander series are both on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any of these series'. But I am going to take a look at the Deborah Crombie ones! That sounds right up my alley.

    Have a good weekend Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Deborah Crombie series and I think I'm caught up now.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get to them, I really enjoy the Rhys Bowen ones via audio, the narrator is just so good, brings the stories to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first Crombie book in that series and aspire to get back. Love the Royal Spyness series and will read as catch can - I find I'm not compelled to read in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the middle of so many series that I finally made a spreadsheet to keep track of which I'm reading and where I am in the series. It's been super helpful. I am caught up on the Sloan Krause series. I don't drink alcohol at all, but I still enjoy the series. It's a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am falling behind everywhere. I feel like I am carry a cup filled with water across a desert, only the cup has thousands of holes in it and I am trying to stop all the leaks...lol I need to take a sabbatical or something...lo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've done really well with this. 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete