Thursday, December 24, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Live and Let Pie

 


 Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!



Blurb:  The heat is on for pastry chef, family business operator, and unlikely sleuth Jules Capshaw. Just when she thought she could enjoy some time away from the kitchen, Jules manages to discover a skull during a picnic by the lake. As if unearthing remains that may be connected to a missing-persons case from the 1960s isn't enough on her plate, Jules must contend with the unsolved matter of her own marriage while her estranged husband Carlos sails the open seas, awaiting a verdict. Then there's Jules's bitter landlord Edgar, who is intent on making a sweet deal on a vacant lot down the block from Torte--until he turns up dead. If only Jules could find a recipe that would let her bake her cake and eat it, too...

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf: This is one of my absolute favorite cozy mystery series and somehow I completely missed this one.  Add in the fact that it contains a missing person case which is one of my absolute favorite types of mysteries and I can't believe I haven't read this yet!


4 comments:

  1. I hope you get to this one soon, Katherine. It sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely in the mood for a cozy mystery, and this one sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the chance to read this one soon. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete