The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the 2nd Half of 2017. This is always a dangerous topic for me. I'm not real great with keeping up with releases except for whatever ARCs I've gotten so I end up having to search around looking for the perfect 10 which adds so many books to my TBR. Than I read everyone else's lists which means more books for my TBR which at this point is audibly weeping. But there are so many good books coming out this year! I had a hard time narrowing it down to 10!
2. The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean - This is the 3rd book in the Scandal and Scoundrels series and features the bad guy in the first book. I'm dying to see how MacLean redeems him! (June 27)
3. Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris - I was so excited with Harris started her Aurora Teagarden series back up last year and can't wait for this one! While not quite a cozy these are more straightforward mysteries than her usual books and I love this series. (September 26)
4. Wicked Deeds by Heather Graham - This is a new book in Graham's Krewe series about FBI agents and the occasional civilian who solve crimes with a paranormal element. This book features the couple from Dying Breath which I reviewed yesterday and really enjoyed. I can't remember that Graham has ever featured a couple twice in a full length book in the Krewe series so I'm excited to see how this goes. (September 19)
6. Year One by Nora Roberts - I'm really on the fence about this one. On one hand it's a Nora Roberts trilogy and I always read the Nora Roberts trilogies but on the other hand there's a plague and NYC is wiped out and it really has a post-apocalyptic feel which is really not my thing. (December 5)
7. Copycat by Alex Lake - This one sounds so creepy! A woman discovers that there are two Facebook profiles for her. One is hers and one just has all her information including pictures of her kids and her home. Someone has been following her and even been inside her house. This does not sound like one to be read while home alone! (September 7)
8. Touch of Red by Laura Griffin - I've read the most recent 2 books in the Tracers series and really clicked with this romantic suspense series that's heavy on suspense. This book features 2 side characters that I really liked in the last book so I'm excited to see them get a little page time. (October 31)
9. Smitten Kitchen Everyday: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites by Deb Perelman - Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite food blogs and I loved her previous cookbook. Not all of her recipes work for my picky family but the ones that do are always home runs. (October 24)
10. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get it!: Simple Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives by Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman's cookbooks aren't fine dining but they are reliable, typically quick to put together and don't rely on processed foods which are all things that make me happy. Oh and they're tasty! (October 24)
What releases are you anticipating?