The Broke and the Bookish is 10 Characters I'd name a book or a child after. This topic ended up being way harder than I expected! A lot of my favorite characters either have really generic names or names I can't get my head around actually calling a cat or dog! The timing is actually pretty good because we are most likely getting a kitten in the pretty near future and I need some serious name help!
2. Anne from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - Anne (or Anna) was actually on the short list for if the Tornado had been a girl because of this book. While Anne isn't my favorite character I just couldn't name an infant Marilla!
3. Bilbo from the The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - This is actually J's idea and I think it would be a fantastic name for a dog!
4. and 5. Daisy and Gatsby from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Though I hope they'd both be happier pets or children than their namesakes!
7. Tuppence from The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie - The only problem I have with this one is that I can't come up with a way to shorten it and Tuppence could be a bit of a mouthfull.
8. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyers - This one just seems like it should be done!
9. Wimsey from Dorothy Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey books - This one just sounds kind of fun and definitely unexpected. I think only diehard mystery readers would figure out where the name is from!
10. Miranda from The Four Story Mistake by Elizabeth Enright - Though Miranda goes by Randy in the book. I guess either could work?
Those are my ideas. What are yours? Have you named a pet (or a child) after a literary character?