Once again I'm participating in Beyond the Books hosted by KissinBlueKaren a feature where we look behind the books. Today's topic is The Real Me and I'm combining it with the Reading Habits Tag. I was tagged by Tina over at Novel Meals and I think these two should work together.
Five Facts About Me:
1. My favorite color is green. I have to make an effort to not choose that for everything - clothing, paint colors, household items, jewelry, etc.
2. I'm very much a homebody. Given the choice I would stay at home about 95% of the time. If I spend to much time away from home I start feeling frazzled. On the flip side we're planning a little vacation for September and I'm really excited about it.
3. Without contacts I'm virtually blind. My vision is really really bad. Like a prescription of -10 bad. Forget not being able to see the big E, I can't even seen the chart. Luckily it's fully correctable but it's a little weird to think if I'd been born 100 years ago I'd be considered blind.
4. I'm a night owl. I stay up to 12 or 1 most nights and could probably stay up longer except I make myself get up at at 7 most mornings.
5. I'm a total TV junkie. I love TV - crime dramas, true crime, anything food related, book related Hallmark/Lifetime movies, My To Watch list is almost as long as my To Read List!
Reading Habits Tag:
While this is still book related I think a person's reading habits show a lot about them so I thought I'd share mine.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I normally stop reading when I'm so tired words stop making sense but I do like to stop reading at the end of a chapter.
Do you eat or drink while reading?
I try not to eat because when I'm reading I don't tend to pay attention and could eat an entire bag of chips without realizing it. I do have a drink with me - generally Diet Coke or herbal tea depending on the time of day and my mood.
Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
One book at a time or several at once?
Reading at home or everywhere?
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Do you write in your books?
Quinn at Quinn's Book Nook
Bea at Bea's Book Nook
Lark at The Bookwyrm's Hoard
BrittanyL at This is the Story of my (Reading) Life
and anyone else who I missed but wants to do it!